Monday 13 June 2011

Ready for the Jail? 2008 - My true story in Toronto.

Hi,
I thought many times about publish this story or not and decided yes.

I came to Canada in 2005 together with my wife. She bacame pregnant and my son was born in October of the 2005.
Actually, she didn't want that kid at all, but I asked here to keep it. I very love kids. She was depressed bacause she had plans to do something in this country too (or may be kick me out as far as possible). In Russia she finished economic academy as an accountant.
She didn't want to be an accountant - here mom sent here there because it was good profession of money.
In Canada my wife didn't know what to do at all. I asked here many times what she would like to do but never got answer.
In 2.5 years my wife became pregnant again but at this time she decided do not keep baby and she made abortion.
She notified me about pregnancy and I was happy but on next day she made abortion.
1) Beginning - Friday
I was suppressed that day. My friends called me and said that she made such decision.
I drinked 3 glasses of whisky. She came from hospital and I couldn't even look at here.
My wife's explanation was - "I hate kids and I don't want sit home another 2 years. I want start work".
Today is May 2011 and she is still not working...... The unborned kid would be 3 years old already.
I started scream at here and hit here - "You should fill exactly the same as unborn kid" (I still loved my wife at that time but could beleive she did abortion. I admit that made terrible thing, but I think she made terrible thing too).
I told here that I want leave here alone and leave country with my kid (I wouldn't do it in anyway - it was just alcohol)
I was screaming for a while while she was in a bedroom. She threw out note "help" from window, so superintendent picked it up and called police. Police arrested me. That day I didn't even want live - I thought that she killed baby.

2) In a police station - Friday night
I was delivered to police station. These guys checked my personal stuff and sent me to cell.
I couldn't sleep that night because it was very cold - metal bench. I had a chance to talk with duty
counsel and he said that I would be released on morning (bullshit).
3) First time court hearing - Saturday morning
here is list of all courts in Toronto:
http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/courts/Court_Addresses/

Next morning I was sent to another place to get my finger prints (Yes! I am in Canadian history now.) by one of those cars, which you can probably see at streets with label "Court services". Every time I see it I feel looks like I am inside.


Car has 2 sides for people loading. Every side has one long metal bench. Every arrested person bound to another person by metal handcuffs.
After my fingerprints and picture was taken (I would pay 20 bucks to get that picture now), I was delivered to court - downtown of Toronto:
60 Queen St. W. Old City Hall
Toronto ON M5H 2M4



Beautiful building from outside - isn't it?

but in a cage..... It was pretty busy - about 20 people (men only). It suppose to be another cell with women but I didn't see it.
We got sandwich around 12.
It was saturday and court worked till 1 pm. Of course they couldn't process such amount of people.
Some people started say - "I would wish to be in a jail now rather than be here". I couldn't understand why they were saying that, but I do now (explanations later).
so... court finished work at 1pm and didn't even go to court. We got information that we would be send to jail!!!!
We were waiting till 4pm and they started pack us by 8 people in chain to cars (about 16 people per car).

4) In a jail - Saturday night
I don't remember what jail it was but looks like "Lindsay Super Jail". we were placed in waiting cells, so they started register us, make vaccination and gave us jail clothers. Every person had to pass metal detector, like in an airport.
Finally, we were delivered to block range. Every block has about 5 ranges.
Once you get to range you have to read range rules. and hit a wall if you understand it.



The timing was - 2 hours at range and 2 hours in a cell. Eat only in cell - 3 times a day. light turns off after 10pm (it is what I remember - correct me if I am wrong).
Next court hearing suppose to be on Monday, so I staid in a jail 2 1.5 days before go to court again.

5) Second time court hearing - Monday morning
I woke up at 6AM and backward process started - change clothers, back to a car. ~1 hour to get court. This time I was delivered to another court:
1000 Finch Ave. West
Toronto ON M3J 2V5


That day I saw my wife and friends. My wife told me later that she just wanted to take me out from her and she didn't want police arrest me.
This "simple" word broke my life. My wife tried get written statement from the police but it works one-way only. Once police get written statement, goverment launch process against you and you have only one option - protect yourself.
The system works the way so it forces you hire lawyer. Awesome - you pay taxes and it supports court system, together with jails.
In any way - everything was new for me and my friends and they hired Russian lawyer.
You know - those kind of lawyers, which offer they services right at court, by walking between your relatives/friends and offering them lawyer services.
I would never hire Russian lawyer again in Canada (Just think about - Canadian lawyer in China court :-) ). That day he asked court get some papers about me and promised me that I would be released on next day.
So... I went back to jail that day. As for lawyer - he took 1300CAD for bail me out from a jail.

6) Third time court hearing - Tuesday morning
Again - woke up at 6AM and was delivered to court around 8AM. That day first court hearing was mine ~9AM and I was happy to hear it but my lawyer was late and ....
I was sent back to jail.:-)
7) Fourth time court hearing - Wednesday morning
the same as before but that day my hearing was at 11AM. Finally... I was released on following conditions:
a) do not go back home
b) I had to live at my friend's house
c) I couldn't drink alcohol (because alcohol was involved in that case)
d) I had 2 sureties
My next hearing suppose to be in 1 month, so I had a choice to hire another lawyer but I didn't do it - my mistake.

8) Fith time court hearing - in one month
I paid ~3500CAD for the whole process, so I didn't have to be there. He got final disclosure ans said that I have big problems - up to deportation.

8) Six time court hearing - in ~2 months (I don't remember exactly)
It was Finch court again, so I came earlier and found my lawyer in a court waiting area. Lawyer got crown position and forced me to plaid guilty.
It was only one choice if I wanted go back to family. I had another choice - say that I am not guilty and go for a trial - up to 9 months.
I wanted be back and selected - guilty. No matter what but I felt guilty in my soul and I said sorry to my wife many times.
Court said that if I would go for a trial I would be arrested and would be sent to jail because one of my sureties decided do not be my surety at all
(I still don't know if it was part of the court game or not - I asked my sureties but they said no - they didn't do it).

What I got:
a) Criminal record
b) 1.5 years of probation
c) I had to pass "Angree Management course"
d) I had to pass another course, related with family
I would recommend to pass it to any family - especially before marriage to better understand each other.

For the probation period I had to go once a month to say "Hi" to probation officer + 4 times Our family was visited by Child society person.
What advices I would give:
1) Keep landed phone number of your friend (who can bail you out from jail) with you being arrested because you cannot call from jail to cell phones
2) If you don't have lawer and you first time at court - ask for the Bail program, so you can be released on some conditions
3) If wife called police first time - divorce - she will do it again. I got this advice from other people and I didn't do it first time, so I am divorcing with wife in any way (another long story coming ....).
4) If you are not allowed to contact your spouse, never use cell phones (they are tracked). Internet services like skype and web camera will help you!!!
5) If you not allowed to come back to your house - do not come back. Do not make any risk to be caught. Be patient.
6) Always keep lawyer phone number with you if you think you are in trouble.

I would say "to be continued" but "it is being continuing": My wife sent me to jail 2 more times and trying get everything from me...... I will write about it......... I cannot beleive that it is happening ...... I haven't seen my son for 2 months already and law .... protecting here. I will try hire another family lawyer to get permit to see my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment