Wednesday 15 June 2011

Graffiti symbols in 3D MAX

I am spending a lot of time in traveling by bus to work and from work.
I use my laptop to learn how to work with 3D studio Max.


I wrote article recently about Graffiti on streets of Toronto.
It became interesting research for me. I asked myself - "Can I create graffiti? Is there any rules to create graffiti?". First of all, I don't have any art background so I found some tutors in internet about how to create graffiti letters:
http://www.ehow.com/video_4991150_write-graffiti-letters.html

I liked author statement that there are no restrictions and rules to do it - just do it.
Your creativity will show you results. It is pretty same as in software development: you can achieve result by many ways.

I took a pen, piece of paper and started create some weird symbols. Here is what I got - my son would do it better :-)


I got an idea to move it to 3D Studio Max and create it as 3d objects.




next Idea was to add some rain and camera moving and here is final result:




Here is another abstraction, which I created in 3 minutes. I call it "Glasses":


Obviously, I am just beginner in it but I will try improve my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment