Wednesday 18 May 2011

Stained glass - Flowers

Hi,
I made this work about 2 years ago.



1) First of all I found web site with free stained glass templates. Actually, you can get any picture you like and make a frame for the glass cuts. I went to Office Depot at Younge and Steels and printed out 2 copies with scale. I laminated one sheet (I did it because when you use grinder there is still some water left on glass and when you put it on picture it is getting wet), so I paid about 15 bucks for that.

2) Next step was glass selection. I don't know how many stores exists in Torornto, whcih can sell suatable glass for such kind of work, but I found 2 of them. I bought different pieces - I spend about 30CAD for that.

3) I used pen to mark every peace to be cut on paper sheet with unique numbers.
Next step was glass cutting. It is not my first project, so it was easy for me. I used permanent marker to mark glass peace with the same number as on paper sheet. I used grinder to make it perfectly fit.

4) next step was put all peaces together on laminated sheet of paper (from first step) and grid some peaces if requered.

5) I used copper foil to wrap glass edges.

6) weld it together and it is it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment